It’s Monday. It’s SUPER SUNNY as well! Are you ready to grab Monday and this Week by the scruff of the neck & go big? Yes? Very Good. Here’s a little motivation to gently push you in the upwards direction. Take stock of the choices you’ve made in the last Take stock of the choices you’ve made in the last few days to a week:
Did you eat healthy food, or have you been
Did you organise your week, and get loads
of stuff done, or did you just muddle along?
Did you take a risk and be a tall poppy,
or did you play everything safe?
How did this make you feel?
Are you reaching your full potential?
Only you know the answers.
Make decisions that
support the person you WANT to be.
I know you can do it &
YOU know you can do it!
Todays affirmation is
“Today I go big & make decisions that help
me reach my full potential”
SHOUT IT OUT – We all will in class!
Clean eating, so what is it exactly?
We hear so much of this these days, clean food – eat healthily – choose organic wherever possible, etc etc. So what exactly is CLEAN EATING?
I captured the following article from a lady who most of her life has eaten without thought and went on to start clean eating. She’s not a vegetarian, nor a neo-hippie, and not into the whole “Getting back to Nature” thing – she’s doing this because Clean Eating is an eating choice she can easily live with.
She says she feels better than she has in years, and her weight is dropping off. She wants to share this experience with others:
Essentially, Clean Eating ( CE ) is converting your diet to consist of as much unprocessed food as possible. Fruits, vegetables, meats ( except processed ham ), nuts, eggs and dairy.
It is eating food in it’s most natural state – as close to how it occurred in Nature as possible. Most who embrace CE also avoid as many additives and preservatives as possible. Clean Eaters also consume as much of their diet as organic as possible in order to minimize exposure to pesticides and additives.
1. Eat fruits, vegetables, lean meats, fish, whole grains. When you can, eat fresh, unprocessed foods over canned. Frozen is preferable over canned fruit and veg as well. Make sure the meat you are purchasing has not been enhanced with a brine solution.
2. Drink a lot of water. A lot. Go invest in a BPA free water bottle (BPA is the main component of polycarbonate, the hard, clear plastic sometimes used to make water bottles) and velcro it to your side, because where you go, that bottle goes! Clean Eaters strive to drink between 2-3 litres of water a day.
3. When considering a food that is man made ( like a breakfast cereal, a tomato sauce, etc ) look for ones that have as few ingredients as possible – with low to no salt, no added sugars, and low to no preservatives.
4. Eat more than 3 times a day. Most CE folks eat 5-6 times a day – small meals. It keeps the metabolism up, blood sugar stable, and hunger / cravings down.
5. Learn and abide by portion control. Learn visual cues to determine what a portion of various food will be. Eating those mini-meals will help you keep your portions manageable as well.
Hope this helps into understanding a little more of how to get ourselves on the right track into a better us! Stronger and Happier! Nat x
What people SHOULD be doing if they want to feel better, look better blah blah blah!
A good friend, personal trainer Lorraine Van Kleef posted this a while back on face book and thought I would CATAPULT it right back at us to remind of how it REALLY IS! I know you are all wiser and getting right up there with the most recent research but anyhow here’s a reminder:
Now CHOP and CHANGE and get CRACKING!
FIT PILATES and PILATES; the Basics
These sessions are my Backbone, never better said! Pilates are slow controlled exercises using and strengthening the deep core muscles in and around the pelvis and spine, providing the best support to your spinal column. These sessions make you FEEL the difference and BE the difference, no matter what fitness discipline you do, you need a STRONG CORE and you will NOT get the same attention to it in other classes. Catch us on Tuesdays 6pm and Thursday s 5:45pm!
SPECIAL MENTION TO MY OLDIES MOST OF WHOM ARE STILL REGULARS THANKS FOR BEING WITH ME WITH ME ON MY CHOOSEFITNESS JOURNEY.. YOU ARE MY BACKBONE!